We survived...barely

Yes it is true, we have survived the first two weeks of parenthood with two beautiful girls. I literally have 30 minutes to recap the most memorable weeks. Two weeks ago today we brought home Baby Taylor and that is a day that will go down in history for the Cottrell house. 

 

It was Friday, January 26th and I was already a bit anxious about bringing home baby girl. The plan was to have Payton go back to daycare so we could focus on getting Taylor home and everything unpacked before we had to pick up Payton. That of course didn't happen and it was all downhill from there. Payton was sick again! She woke up and had an upset stomach and pretty much threw up the entire day. I of course am a basket case because I can't be with Payton and all she wants is her mommy. I am a crying mess and thankfully Nana and Papa came to our rescue and took care of Payton so Aaron and I could bring Taylor home. 

We get home and I am thinking the worst; Payton has the flu and she has infected the whole house. How am I not going to get sick, how are we going to keep Taylor from getting sick. All weekend long Payton is just not feeling well, but no fever? Then come Monday and guess what...fever! She is at school for literally 2 hours and we have to go pick her up. That fever would literally last until Thursday. Every 6 hours we are giving Payton Motrin, she isn't eating, her tummy is hurting. We visit the pediatrician at least twice. This is the third time Payton has been sick in the last month and a half. Every time we go, "Oh, it's definitely Strep"...test is negative each time we take it. What is going on with my girl. 

I of course am upset because I can't make it better for her. I barely spent that first week with Taylor because Payton needed every bit of my attention. My milk supply was fading fast and I am not taking care of myself. Thursday comes around and because Payton still had the fever, we were asked to get blood work done to see if we could find out what was wrong with Payton. I hated bringing her there, but she was a champ and such a big girl.

Lab results are in...Payton had Mono! I was relieved to finally know what it was and just so sad that my girl had to go through all that. We are now getting back to normal, she is still pretty tired and a day at school is exhausting for her. Unfortunately, we will have to go get blood work done again to make sure she everything is back to normal. She's gonna hate me! I really hope that we are at the end of all this sickness.

Thankfully, Taylor has been an amazing baby! She sleeps great, eats great. She cries when she's hungry or needs a diaper change. She's holding up her head, looking around and just a really attentive girl. Payton loves her and I am finally this week really getting to spend some quality time with Taylor. I am looking forward to the rest of my maternity leave and getting things back on track.

Till next time...






Comments

  1. You are a great Mom & both girls are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment