Payton, the Pre-K Graduate!

Here we are, at the end of Pre-K and ready to jump into the big, scary, exciting world of public school. Mom and Dad are super excited to get a pay raise with a decreased amount in daycare and Mom is super nervous about my little baby being a tiny fish in a ginormous ocean. Have I done all I can do to prepare her? Is she ready? Am I ready? 



Looking at these pictures, I can't believe how much she has grown up. While she hasn't gotten much taller or added much weight, this girl has a lot of opinions and has learned so much. This year at Outreach, Payton had two wonderful women teaching her and challenging her every day. I am so thankful for Ms. Toma, who just knows how to handle all that Payton sass and also Mrs. Gloria who always helps spark her creativity and keeps Payton on her toes. Payton is a smart lady thanks to them and I am so happy with how they have prepared her for Kindergarten. Along with great teachers, Payton had a class full of amazing young ladies by her side and one boy (poor Landon). With a class full of girls, Payton had to learn how to share friends and play nice with different personalities. I know she has made some amazing friends and I am really sad to see them all split up. They are a wonderful group of kids and I know they will all do great things next year.




Next year is going to be a big year and I am trying not to worry too much. There will be so many new adventures and challenges she will experience. I know my girl is smart and confident and she will handle Kindergarten like a boss. I could actually use some help handling her at times. At this stage in life Payton can be a handful and then also helpful. She loves to challenge me, but is great at being a big sister. Payton got the gift of gab from her dad, but will talk back to me with a vengeance. That girl does not like to hear the word no and expects to get her way all the time. The drama can be just too much at times, but she is really sensitive and caring. We have some work to do on handling those big emotions, but I am so thankful for this girl and all the craziness and joy she brings to my world.

It has been an amazing ride with this girl and I can't say how thankful I am to Outreach for helping me with my beautiful girl. She has come a long way and I hope we can enjoy summer with some normal fun and kick off Kindergarten in a class room.








Comments