My Little Spitfire

"Joyful, energetic and entertaining, but she will also dig in her heels and let you know loudly and clearly when she's unhappy." That pretty much sums up Payton Alaina. She is tenacious; this girl is a fighter and won't quit.  According to Payton, she's the boss and I can't say no know to her. It hurts her feelings =) She is courageous; this girl sticks up for what she believes in and makes you believe her too! She is energetic; this girl is excited about life and doesn't miss a beat. I have learned a lot from this girl and she has confirmed that parenting is no easy task.



I am thankful that so far Payton seems to be a quick learner and very much learns by watching and imitating. She is eager to watch and learn and then...do it by herself. She has learned to clean the mirrors and sweep the floors, she watches and helps pour and mix up the ingredients for dinner and she can feed her baby sister. This has also been the case for gymnastics. Payton is really learning a lot and having fun doing it. She loves to show off her splits and somersaults. I am thankful that she pays attention and really enjoys it. 


She is always so eager to do things herself, but as soon as something goes wrong the world is over. Aaron would never admit it, but that girl has his temper. Her tantrums are very dramatic and include collapsing to the floor with the biggest tears. It can be difficult sometime to calm her down and get her to try things again. Sometimes she won't even let us help her and she starts throwing whatever it is that frustrates her. Payton will even scream at the top of her lungs. I sometimes just have to laugh, because she has literally lost her mind and there is no reasoning with her. 

I totally get it, while she has Aaron's temper, she has my need for routine and organization. I too get frustrated when things don't go as planned or something is out of place. Payton loves to organize everything; her shoes, her toys, her clothes, her books. Last night she wanted to "fix" her bracelet because there were 2 white beads, 2 pink beads, 2 blue beads, 2 purple beads and 3 red beads. "Mom we can only have 2 red beads". Everything has a place and Payton will know the second you adjust something. I can totally appreciate her organizational trait and I hope it is something that sticks with her, but doesn't stress her out like it does me sometime.



Unlike her Momma, Payton's memory is amazing. She helps me find things I have misplaced, she knows lyrics to so many songs and she can "read" a book because she has memorized it.  She already recites lines from movies. We all know toddlers like to watch the same movies over and over and over again. I think she could recite all of Trolls and Frozen without watching the movie. I love that she still talks about Cami too and has great memories of her doggie. We do have to watch ourselves, this girl can be very observant and a good listener when we would rather her not be. She has recently looked at me and smiled and said, "I didn't say a bad word" rrright! When I ask her what she says she runs away or smiles and says "nothing, I didn't say a bad word."

Payton knows how to keep me on my toes and has taught me so much. It is crazy how that girl can bring out the best and the absolute worst in me. It has been a roller coaster, but I have learned a lot from being her mom...
  • A routine helps this girl so she knows what to expect
    • We wake up earlier and let her relax so we don't have to rush around in the mornings
    • We always have milk and a snack when we pick her up from daycare
    • We brush our teeth, go potty and read exactly 3 books every night
    • She gets a countdown before we do anything so she can prepare for what's next
  • She's sensitive and I have to acknowledge her feelings
    • Even if she is being ridiculous, I have to get down to her level and look her in the eyes
    • I repeat what she's telling me so she knows I hear her
    • We always hug it out and offer each other an apology when it's warranted 
  • She's her own person and I have to allow her to try things on her own
    • She is picking out her own clothes even if it might look ridiculous
    • She will paint her own nails with my supervision and then asks me for help
    • If I can let her try it herself without her getting hurt, we do it so she can have those experiences and learn from them 
Thank you Payton Alaina for making me a mom and I can't wait to see where we go from here! 




Comments

  1. They are very precious and Payton is a lot like me, she will always be able to hold her own lol you are a wonderful Mother and they are lucky to have you and Aaron as parents.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment