Taylor is 9 months and I'm tired!

I'm tired =) Being a mom of two and working full time is no easy task. Kudos to all those single parents and parents of multiples. It seems like every week brings on another challenge and somehow I figure it out, but it's exhausting. This week we are taking on the challenge of a 9 month old getting into everything and a 3 year old doing everything possible to avoid sleep. It's hard and with Aaron's long hours and hunting season, I do a lot by myself. It is exhausting, and hard, and challenging and some days I question what I'm doing wrong. I don't know that it is every going to get any easier, but I am hoping that one day I will question myself less and trust that they will grow up to be amazing people.




Taylor is growing up to be a little chunky monkey. That girl can eat and eat and eat. She's still getting her bottles, she loves her snacks and she is practicing with tiny bites of table food. She's even trying to eat anything within her reach that isn't food =) I finally felt a couple of teeth on the bottom so I know we have that going on. With all that growing, Taylor is fitting comfortably in 12 months clothes now. She is nice and tall. I will be interested to see at a 9 month check-up today on how she's pacing with other kids her age.
 


 
Along with eating everything, Taylor is crawling everywhere! She is moving all around and getting into lots of mischief. We are definitely having to watch where we put things, thankfully Payton understands and has been helpful with that. It's fun watching her follow me and Payton around. She is trying to climb up on things and makes quite a bit of a mess. These days we don't sit still for too long or we are dealing with an upset girl. Payton was definitely an easier child when it came to getting into things. I think Taylor is one we are going to have to keep a close eye on.
 

I love that Taylor is a great sleeper through the night. However, we have been struggling during nap time. She likes to sit up and pull herself up now that she knows how. She has trouble just relaxing and falling asleep during the day. It seems like she doesn't want to miss out on anything. I think daycare has figured out how to get her naps in, but the weekends are tough especially when our scheduled gets out of routine. It's just hard when I can see she's tired and cranky and just won't go down. Probably just a phase that we will get through, she likes to keep it interesting.
 

With this nice fall weather we have been outside quite a bit. Just like Payton, Taylor loves to go on walks and play in the fresh air. My mom recently gave us a wagon and that's been nice and convenient. Payton enjoys being the big sister and pulling her sister around. It'll be nice in the spring when Taylor's a little bit older and maybe walking. I know Payton can't wait to play with her at the park. I am a little nervous with winter on the way. It is going to be hard keeping these girls entertained inside. Another challenge to add to the list. 


We are ready for Halloween. We have a toddler and baby Rainbow Dash excited for trick or treating. Fingers crossed for some nice weather!
 



Comments