Payton's preparing for Pre-K

My precious Payton, how did we get here already? Mama's baby girl isn't a baby anymore. I am so proud of you and the little girl you have grown to be. I love your spunky personality, your constant fight for independence and that big smile that makes everything better. It has been a wild ride watching you become a little lady. You know what you want and you don't take no for an answer. One day I will appreciate that. I am mixed with emotions seeing you start preschool. It is so amazing watching you learn and so fun seeing you with your friends. It's hard watching you grow up, but I can't wait to see what you learn this year.



She's moving on up! Payton is now in her new Pre-K Prep class, aka Preschool. This girl is so excited to be in Ms. Yovanna's class with all her best friends. It sounds like she will be learning quite a bit this year to get her ready for Pre-K. Pencils and writing tablets were on the list, so I will be interested in seeing how she does. I'm sure there will be lots of arts and crafts, she's got lots of crayons and markers and paint ready to be put to use. Outreach Christian Education is a great school and Payton has already learned so much. I know it will be a great school year.
 

Along with a new school year and a new teacher, soccer will be a new sport on the agenda for fall. We found a league called La Liga, and it is just 7 weeks. I was looking for a recreational league that would introduce her to the basics and get her playing on a team. I'm excited she will have her buddy Landon on the team with her so she will know someone. She's already got her soccer ball and shin guards ready. Payton has energy for days and she loves to run. I think she might do pretty well...We will have to see!

While Payton enjoyed dance, she requested to do gymnastics again. We've packed away the tap shoes and the ballet shoes, and brought back out those gymnastics leotards. This time around she will be in the same class as her friend Bailey from school. She really loved Kansas City Gymnastics school before, so I know she will love it again. We will have to see how we do with this two sport thing. Thankfully it's only a couple of months.

Payton's personality is still sassy as ever. Her major mood swings are no fun. I had no idea how exhausting a 3yr old could be. Hoping school and these extra activities keep her mind busy and teach her some listening skills. While some days can be really, really hard, other days make it all worth it. My most favorite thing is listening to her sing and watching her dance. She is loud and doesn't care who's watching. We sing in the car, we dance at home and we always do both as loud and as crazy as possible. I hope that confidence sticks with her forever.
 
 
Payton loves to dance and sing, but her favorite thing to do is play outside with her friends. We are so lucky to live in a neighborhood full of kids and even luckier to have awesome neighbors. Addison and Alexis live right next door and while they are older, they like to invite Payton outside to draw with chalk, ride scooters or bikes, swing in the backyard or just hang out. There are plenty of other kids close by and while most of them are older than Payton, I am grateful that they include her and are good friends.
 
More of Payton's favorites: 
Color - Purple
Drink - Milk
Food - Chocolate

Snack - Goldfish and Mini Oreos
Show - Doc McStuffins 

Movie - Frozen
Songs - Meet Me in the Middle & Shake it off 
Book - I Love Dogs
Light up Sophia shoes
Hot Pink Lip gloss
Watching mom's computer

Staying up late
Playing with her sister

Payton, we love you so much and hope you have an amazing school year!


Comments

  1. She is really awesome and is going to do some really good things... You are a really great mom. I am so happy you have your girl tribe it is going to be an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of spunk & a cute little girl. I wish I had half of her energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so dang cute and full of energy I know tha she will be great on whatever she does in life. She really does remind me of me. I remember my Mother saying I don’t worry about Karen, she can take care of herself. Lol I will be anxious to seee her play soccer, send me some videos. Love you all and Taylor is precious to , so Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment