She loves me, She loves me not

I am so lucky to have such a strong willed little girl. Payton, while she is smart and sweet is also very stubborn. She wants what she wants, when she wants it and enjoys challenging her mother often. We are in a 'she loves me, she loves me not' phase. Most days she WILL NOT let me do anything for her, no brushing her teeth, no sitting by here, no reading books, no helping her at all. All she wants is her daddy. While I enjoy that, daddy works a lot and is not always around to help. The past month has been a little bit of a struggle and maybe a little stressful when thinking about juggling two kiddos.

There are lots of things we are working on in preparation for child number 2, and getting Payton potty trained is at the top of the list. Of course she is doing great at school; she has started wearing underwear and is pretty consistent. It makes sense, other kids are doing it and they have a really good routine. At home it is hit or miss depending on the day and her mood. We created a potty chart to encourage her. She gets to put stickers up when she pees or poops. She LOVES chocolate, so M&M's are a reward if she potties in the toilet. These things have been helpful, but some days she will just refuse and puts up a fight. 



We have had a few accidents which I expected. Twice I have gotten a little too confident with her. She peed in the car seat in daddy's truck - not good!! Just this week she was sitting in the recliner and I kept asking her if she wanted to go potty. Minutes later she is staring right at me and peeing in the chair....ugh! I have learned quickly, no more asking. We will just put her on the potty. Once she is on the potty she is fine, most the time she just doesn't want to stop what she is doing to take a potty break. We are getting close I know, just a little more time and patience and we will get there.

Sooo, bedtime is a nightmare and I take complete responsibility for it. We got in a bad habit of watching TV and hanging out in mommy and daddy's room. Feel free to judge all you want, I know now that it was a huge mistake and I am paying for it fully! It's just getting her to bed that is the struggle. Once that girl passes out, she is good for the night and sleeps in her bed all night. We aren't going to get into what time she actually goes to bed, just know it isn't ideal and mornings are awful because she is so tired. Some times Aaron helps me put her in her car seat while she is still half asleep. We change her clothes and brush her teeth when we get to school. Most times I am late to work fighting to get her ready. She is NOT a morning person.

Since it's the summer time, Andrew is here more often. Trying to get her to calm down while he is here is hard because she just wants to play with him. Just last week Aaron's parents came into town. Payton is so excited to have Nanny and Pop Pop in town so bedtime has become even worse. I am a little stressed out about it and I am working on a plan to get a better routine down. I think it's going to have to wait til September when things get back to normal. I plan on redoing her room a little since we will be working on the new baby's room as well. Hopefully that will make her excited to be in her room and she won't fight falling to sleep in there. For now, we are just going to try and get through it. 

I am really trying to enjoy as much one on one time with this girl as I can while it is just her and I. I saw a gymnastics place in Liberty that might be fun so we hope to check that out for her. Life with a toddler is crazy and I can't wait to see how much crazier it gets when adding a newborn =0






 

Comments