My girl Cami

"Dog, the best friend you will ever have. A loyal, loving companion that cares for you, more than herself. A special creature whose time in your heart will far outnumber its days on earth."


I am absolutely lost today. I decided to say goodbye to my best friend, my baby girl Cami last night. I knew it was going to be a hard decision, but today I am in so much pain and not sure what to do without her. Every where I look I see her and miss her and want her to come back.
 
Cami came into or lives when she was just 4 months old. Aaron and I talked about a dog and we were about to move into our first house. We actually rescued her before volunteering at KC Pet Project became a big part of my life. She had the biggest German Shepherd ears and a little puppy body. She was adorable! Andrew instantly fell in love and was excited to have a buddy at dad's house. Those puppy and adolescent years were tough. I hated leaving her in a kennel all day while we were at work, but that girl couldn't be trusted.

Cami has always been a pretty amazing dog, she was a fairly decent listener, smart and had a great personality. She was a little bitchy with other dogs and made sure they knew who was boss. She was a great guard dog with that bark of hers and didn't love strangers. She was a best friend when I was having a rough day and a great jogging buddy when I wanted some exercise. Cami got lots of attention with her tall, skinny body and her bright white coat. We think she had a little greyhound in her too. Everywhere we went she was instantly noticed and has always had the sweetest personality that everyone loved.
 

I am so grateful that Payton was able to know her for those 2 yrs. They became best buddies pretty quickly. Payton loved sleeping with her, taking her on walks and giving her kisses. I have no idea how to tell a 2 yr old that her best buddy is gone. I am grateful for the memories they made.


Cami girl, Baby Camers I miss you so much. You can never be replaced and will be remembered forever. I love you more than you will ever know!




Comments