Sassy Payton is 21 months old

My intentions are always to have a well thought out blog, describing all the fun details of the past month. Then her monthly birthday passes and a couple of days later I am finally finding some time to write about my sassy little girl. Then I realize that this past month has flown by and I can't remember all the wonderful details. Soooo, here are the highlights =)


Halloween! I had the cutest little black cat to take trick or treating. I was so thankful that it was nice weather for her first real Halloween experience. We did a small lap around the neighborhood, staying away from too many stairs. She did walk around with a couple of the neighbor girls and I know she loved that. Payton was a little shy with the "trick or treat", but she always said "thank you!". I think she had just as much fun sitting in our driveway passing out candy. It was absolutely a successful evening.


Since the last blog, Payton has moved to a new class with kids that are her age and a little older. I think I was more nervous than she was. Payton loves her teacher and prefers to boss all the other kids around. I really have no idea where she gets all her sass from. She may get pushed around a bit, but her teacher says she stands up for herself. She may be small, but she is mighty =) All the kids try to give her a hug when she gets to school and she tells them no and pushes them away. Mommy gives them hugs instead. I would have to say that my favorite part of the day is picking her up from daycare. As soon as she sees me, "Mommy here!" I get a big hug and a kiss. I will definitely be enjoying that while it lasts.

Meanwhile, at home, Payton's sweet little personality quickly changes. Lots and lots of "No Mommy", "Hold me Mommy", "Sit Mommy", Here Mommy!" and did I say "No Mommy!" I don't remember the last time I had so much fun =) She doesn't want her diaper changed, she prefers chips for dinner and often needs restraining when it is time to brush her teeth. Aaron and I have teamed up to try and help her make better decisions, but ultimately we have learned that it is Payton's world and we are just living in it. We are looking forward for this phase to quickly pass.

I will end this blog with Payton's newest obsession, Snapchat filters. If I need to calm her down or get her focusing on something else, my phone does the trick. She loves making faces and seeing all the newest filters. If you haven't added us, you probably should...




Comments

  1. I get such a kick out of your blog, she is such a doll baby. I wish we all lived closer. I wish you all could have been in for Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the video's she is precious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment