Payton's second home

In my dream world, Payton was going to be able to stay home and her Nana was going to come and watch her everyday. I would have no worries and know that she was in the best hands with someone who loved her just as much, if not more, than I did. Her Nana was going to teach her everything she needed to know and take lots of pictures and videos for me to see when I came home from work. My daycare expenses would be slim to none and I might have some dinner started for me when I got home. Dream world over.

Honestly, I am very lucky that my mom was able to be with Payton for the first 10 months of her life. They have an incredible bond and Payton loves her so much. My mom was happy to do it, but it wasn't ideal for her to drive 35 minutes everyday to watch little Pay. It was going to be good for her to be around other kids and get some socialization in early. I was having a rough time thinking of Payton being watched by complete strangers and where to even start looking.

Unfortunately, our first decision to go with an in home daycare provider didn't really work out. She had worked as a daycare provider at a center previously, but this was her first go around watching kids in her own home. Payton of course was having a hard time adjusting and a month in we got the boot. At that point I decided to avoid all in home daycare situations and was in search to find a daycare center. It was going to be more expensive, but they would be experienced teachers and could provide some consistency for Payton.




In comes Outreach Christian Education, Payton's second home. Initially, of course, I was a nervous wreck. Our first daycare provider fired us because Payton was high maintenance. I was worried how Payton would adjust and how they would help her. She wasn't great at falling asleep on her own (my fault). It was going to be a big change. Even though Payton was 11 months old, they started her in the infant room to see where she was. I was totally fine with that and happy to see that it didn't take much longer than a month before she moved up to the class with kids her own age and older.



It didn't take long for Payton to be excited about going to school everyday. I am so thankful for Mrs. Carmen and Ms. Michelle for taking such great care of Payton and helping her become the amazing little girl she is today. It is hard to believe how much she has grown and changed and it is all because of these awesome ladies. I can't take credit for all the things she has learned. Payton knows her colors, she can tell you where her shoulders are, she can kind of sing her ABC's and everyday she is learning more and more. They do her hair, paint her nails and maybe give her some extra attention here and there. I could not be happier about my decision on choosing Outreach Christian Education as Payton's second home.



I absolutely love being Payton's mom and I also absolutely love my job. Both are really hard work and I am so glad that Payton receives the love and affection she needs when I'm at work. It takes a really special person to educate a group of kids everyday, let alone toddlers who can't really communicate or express what they want or need. I know that I could not do that and I try to make sure those ladies know how much I appreciate them. I think they are wonderful and I wish they could be Payton's teachers as she gets older. Ms. Michelle you are so special and missed already. I know we will stay in touch. Mrs. Carmen, I don't know how you do it. You are an amazing lady and truly care about all the kids you take care of everyday. Payton is lucky to have you and I am thankful for all you do. THANK YOU LADIES!!

 

Comments

  1. Wow they sound like wonderful ladies. So glad you found a place that she loves & you love. Makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment