Let's Go Royals!

Blue October is officially here! Royals are in the post season again and any night the Royals are playing, you can guarantee the game is on our TV and we are all watching our Boys in Blue. It's been an exciting season and we were able to bring Payton to her first game last month. I had my hopes high and thanks to my awesome job I was able to get 2 tickets to game 2 of the ALDS. There was no question about who I was taking with me.

Andrew has made it very clear that I can never leave Walz Tetrick Advertising =) He was pretty excited and I couldn't wait. I was able to go last year and take my Dad and the stadium with all the fans was an unforgettable experience. I was so thankful that I was able to let Andrew have that same experience.

Game 2 was set for Friday, October 9th with a 2:45p start time. I left work early, ran up north to get Andrew out of school and stop by the house for some last minute items. We couldn't go to the game without a baseball glove and his fancy Salvy sign! We grabbed a couple of snacks and hoodies and we were on our way.

It didn't take as long to get in as I thought, but we had to park way out in lot N so we had a walk to get to our gate and then a good wait as everyone herded to get in before the game time. We found our seats maybe 5 minutes before the first pitch. Perfect timing! Cueto was the starting pitcher and the line up for the Royals was solid - we were hoping for a win.


The beginning of the game was super stressful. Houston was already ahead 3-0 in the second inning. To make matters worse, we had an annoying Houston cheering section about 10 rows behind us. Andrew and I were a little nervous. We were happy to see our favorite player Salvy hit a solo home run in the bottom of the second. That gave us a little hope.

The 6th inning was when all the craziness happened. After a Lorenzo Cain double, an Eric Hosmer single, a Kendrys Morales single, and a Salvador Perez walk, we were tied 4–4. Holy crap! The game was getting exciting. Andrew and I of course had to get something to eat during some of it, but we were staying in our seats for the rest of the game!
 
















In the 7th inning Eskie hit a triple! Everyone was on their feet chanting "Let's Go Royals!" and the rally towels were flying. Zobrist hits a single and Eskie scores. We were winning at the bottom of the 7th. So exciting! It went scoreless in the 8th thanks to Madson and everyone was totally pumped to see Wade Davis come out for the 9th inning. He did amazing, even getting the pinch runner out at first. Game was over and the Royals won 5-4! I don't know the last time I saw Andrew so excited. He was on his feet, waving his rally towel, cheering on the team. It was so freaking awesome! 


We hung around for a bit waiting for the crowd to leave. We had a blast and it was a game to remember. Looking forward to another win today. Let's go Royals!



Comments